Thursday, April 3, 2008

Idiotic Sports bets from the last Two weeks


Been a while....my poker game has once again fallen to shit so let's just not talk about it right now. I have been making silly bets on some of my favorite sports. I think the NFL withdrawal is finally letting go..... Let's see what's happened the last 10 days or so...........


Mar 22, 2008. Brad Keselowski (18 to 1) to win the Nationwide (formerly Busch) Race at Nashville. Yeah, I know both of you reading this have no idea who Brad Keselowski is but he drives for Dale Earnhardt Jr’s Bus..I mean Nationwide team and 18 to 1 is hard to pass up on a talented driver in top equipment. He did finish 4th.

Wagered: $6.67 Lost: It all

Mar 22, 2008. Clint Bowyer (+140) to finish higher than Kyle Busch in that same race. Busch has been on fire (not in a Ricky Bobby way, thankfully) especially in the series formerly of his namesake but his driving style still costs him in many ways. He wears out tires and his competitors, from previous experience, have NO problem getting into with him more than any other driver on the track. Plus, Clint Bowyer is a great driver in top equipment. I didn’t see it but someone spun Busch out of the lead late in the race. Thank You.

Wagered: $6.67 Won: $9.34

Mar 22, 2008. Brad Keselowski (-110) to finish higher than Stephen Leicht. Keselowski is in what I would call a “Positive Expected Value” position when it comes to betting on him in racing. He’s relatively young and unheard of, which will give him long odds. He is, however, in the best equipment on the track and the oddsmakers have not yet caught up to his current performance. They will soon but for now he’s like an undervalued stock and I’ll keep buying shares.

Wagered: $6.67 Won: $6.06

Mar 29, 2008. Washington Capitals (-130) vs. Florida Panthers

Sometimes I bet on hockey just so I have a reason to watch the game. With the Caps, though, I really don’t need to do that. Alexander Ovechkin is reason enough to watch any game. Next to Sidney Crosby, who plays for the best franchise in the history of competitive sport, Ovechkin is the most exciting hockey player to hit the ice since Mario Lemieux. And I knew they would pound the Panthers. An easy 10 bones.

Wagered: $13 Won: $10

March 29, 2008. PARLAY!

Tampa Bay Lightning (+115) vs. Carolina Hurricanes AND Under 6

Tampa blows this year. For the most part, they can’t beat a rented mule. But I noticed a couple things. Carolina had played a tough game the night before in Raliegh and then had to fly to Tampa. They were beat up and tired. Tampa, like I said, sucks. Sounds like a low scoring game, huh? Ok, so we got the under out of the way. Then I noticed Tampa is something like 15-5 vs Carolina the last 20 games in Tampa. Carolina has suffered a rash of injuries and it just looks like their heart is gone. Tampa would figure someway to squeak this out. And they did, breaking a 1-1 tie with about 8 minutes left in the game. I’m a genius!

Wagered: $20 Won: $63.95

March 30, 2008. A bunch of Heads Up bets on the Winston I mean Next….I mean Sprint Cup race at Martinsvillle:

Greg Biffle +105 vs. Kasey Kahne
Wagered: $9.52 Lost: All of it

Juan Pablo Montoya (-105) vs. Jamie McMurray. McMurray finally pulled his head out of his ass. Thanks Metro!
Wagered: $25 Lost: All of it.

Jeff Gordon (-165) vs. Kyle Busch. Keep trying shrub.
Wagered: $16.50 Won: $10

Kevin Harvick (-145) vs. Carl Edwards. Carl must have found a new ‘Roid dealer
Wagered: $14.50 Lost: All of it.

Jeff Gordon (-130) vs. Jimmie Johnson. Jimmie just don’t have his shit together right now.
Wagered: $13 Won: $10

So, in the last 10 days I have wagered $131.53, Won $109.35, and lost $55.69 for a net gain of $53.66. That may not mean much to you but to me that is one 1.75 Liter bottle of Ketel One with enough leftover to buy the gas to get to Frugal McDougal’s.


Next: Circling The Drain

No comments: