Monday, November 26, 2007

Cash Game Results

Had a nice little cash game the other night. Thanksgiving was on the line and there was no weekly tournament so 12 people showed up for a night of no rake $1-$2 action. Splitting the gang into two 6 person tables was kind of a bummer but there was plenty of action to be had, perhaps highlighted by Sundeep's not so triumphant return from Singapore. After lamenting his missed opportunity on some prematurely dumped Google put options I swear the poor guy re-loaded twice before the button even got to him. He's an action player, more focused on downing some beers and yuckin' it up with the guys than he is on poker results. Plus, 4 or 5 hundred is nothing to a guy who spends his time lording over the international financial markets.


Although the night had no real dramatic moments for me, I did have a pair of Kings run into Ludey's Aces. For those of you who have read I wanna be a Cowboy you'll notice this is the second time in 3 games I've been knocked off my high horse by Ludeman's Bullets. As John Wayne used to say, "This is getting re-goddamn-diculous". This one I couldn't do anything about. There were 1 or 2 limpers, Alex raised to $15. Alex is what you would call loose, and as I had no positive action for the two hours we'd been playing, I was happy taking the $25 in the pot or hoping he'd call with anything but Aces. I pushed in my last $102. If Alex hadn't raised the hand would have played out differently but since he had, I had no choice but to shove. Alex probably held two napkins but Ludey insta-called...."AGAIN!?" I said, as he flipped over and actually apologized for holding aces. "That's poker" I said as I ran upstairs for the last $240 I had in the house.


After that I was down over $200 but ended up exactly 100 semolians at the end of the night. Not bad, considering. One day Ludey, one day..........

No comments: