Wednesday, November 28, 2007

This Week's NFL Picks

Previously I have only listed the results of my NFL bets. Whenever possible I will now preview them before the games and then on Monday will see how much of a genius, or idiot, I am.

  • Green Bay (+7) at Dallas 0/u 52

I'm betting on Green Bay because I want them to win AND I think Farv-ra and company can keep it within 7. I might even bet the Cheese on the money line (currently +275). I'll update if I o. I think the under will hit but I love scoring and am sick of betting on totals. Not touching it.

Update: Lied. Picked GB & the over. Got half right. Wagered: $20, Lose $20

UPDATE #2: Props to my Peeps. I recovered all that $20 and then some with 3 player prop bets that ALL worked:

1. Brett Farvra - Under 320.5 yards passing. He got hurt, call it a gimme. Win $10

2. Ryan Grant - Over 75.5 yards rushing. Basically got it in one 1st quarter TD. Win $6

3. Terrell Owens - Over 6.5 receptions. He got 7, Perfect. Win $10

  • Buffalo (+5.5) at Washington o/u 37

Ugh. Who knows what the 'Skins will look like after Taylor's death. I'm not touching this one. I'll update if I do.

  • Detroit Lions (+3.5) at Minnesota Vikings o/u 45

Detroit on a 3 game slide and Minnesota clobbering the Giants has made the odds makers very kind to the Vikes. Detroit is one of those Jekyll & Hyde teams that'll drive ya nuts on a Sunday afternoon. I don't care who wins but Adrian Peterson should be in the line up and Kitna will fare much better than Happy Feet Jr. The scoreboard should light up. Taking the over but I reserve the right to rescind if Peterson doesn't play.

Update: I wussed out and didn't bet.

  • Jacksonville (+7) at Indianapolis o/u 45

Another intraconference touchdown road dog. All eyes will be on this one. One thing ours eys won't be on is the Jag's mascot, perhaps the funniest looking in pro sports. Has anyone ever taken a close look at this guy? He look's like Big Bird's acid tripping hippy cousin, who only leaves the East Village to visit Sesame Street on Beatnik Poetry Night. Take a look the next time they're on, you'll see. Anyhow, the Jacksonville juggernaut rolls into town to face the formerly reeling but now healing Colts. I like the Jags to cover and the under, but will probably just bet the spread. I'll update if anything changes.

Update: I bet Jags moneyline (wanted odds, what can I say). Wagered $10, Lost $10

  • San Diego (-6) at Kansas City

True story: Friday afternoon I was sitting here typing away and listening to Howard Stern on Sirius. Some guy calls in just going off on how much of a lock this bet was, you should bet 8 times your normal amount, etc, etc. You know what? I agreed with him, only doubled up though. San Diego 24 - Kansas City 10. Wagered $22, Won $20

  • Houston Texans (-4) at Tennessee Titans o/u 42

The new Oilers fly to music city to play the old Oilers. Just before game time it was announced that Albert Haynesworth was playing. Haynesworth IS the Tennesse defense. I put it on the under. It didn't work. Vince Young forgot he sucks and actually played well as the Titans scored one touchdown too many. Titans 28 - Texans 20. Wagered: $11, Lost $11

  • Cleveland (-1) at Arizona Cardinals

Cleveland? I bet on Cleveland? How the hell does any self-respecting Die Hard Pittsburgh Steelers fanatic ever bet on Cleveland? Once. That's how, NEVER AGAIN. Wagered $16, LOST (JUST AS I DAMNED WELL DESERVED) $16

  • Tampa Bay (+3.5) at New Orleans o/u 41

All I know about the New Orleans Saints is that they score alot of points and they give up alot of points. I don't think they have a whole lot of maturity or enough talent to go around though so I have no clue who's gonna win but I'm pretty sure we'll see more than 41 points.

Update: I hit the over as expected but right before the game my girlfriend wanted some action....so I bet her the moneyline on New Orleans. New Orleans loses AGAIN. 23-27. Result: Win one, lose one. Wagered: $20, Pushed.

  • Cinncinati Bengals (+7) at Pittsburgh Steelers 0/u 38

Betting on the Steelers is heart wrenching for me so I don't do it very much, plus I really thought after the last couple games that the Bungles had a very real chance to cover. But betting on the Flush 'em down Browns was bad enough, so following through on that thought would earn me an expressway to hell, where you are forced to watch endless loops of a Miami Dolphins - San Francisco 49ers game. So I do what I always do: Bet the over and hope for a pile of points because I have, gasp, Carson Palmer in a fantasy league anyway. The Bengals are who we thought they were! though and they can't score. Steel Curtain 24 - Bungles 10. Wagered: $16.50, Lost $16.50

Week's Results: -$27.50. Uh oh, guess that next bottle of Ketel One is coming out of my own pocket but there is big time help on the way, as you can see here.

No comments: